Thursday, August 26, 2010

Processing

So I decided to finally start a blog, more for myself than for anyone that suggested I do so. ;)  It probably won't be that fancy or that much of something that get's passed around, but more for family to be able to see what's going on and for myself to have as a memory of my children.  It's occured to me that my oldests are going to be 13 and I've never really kept a good, accurate account of funny things they've said, or memories we have as a family.  I hope to have that from this point on.  Not too much going on with the kids.  Jaycie is starting Kindergarten on Monday and I am still having a hard time getting my mind around that.  I sort of thought they'd be little forever.  But not in that nostalgic "my baby" sense, sort of in that, "will this infant stage ever end" sense.  And what do you know?  It's ending.  It really does go too fast.
Another little revelation on my mind is that as a stay at home mom, I'm so not your typical stay at home mom.  I like the idea of doing crafts, but I'm so OCD I hate the idea of having to clean up afterward.  I really want to know how mom's have the time to cook, clean (and keep the house clean), do laundry, then go to museums, do crafts, and fun stuff like that.  As I think about it, I'm not a fan of playgroups, or just groups.  Sitting with a bunch of moms discussing children and "mommy" stuff sort of makes me sick.  I want to talk about what's going on in the world, the latest fashions, or something funny that happened to someone.  I want to know who people are OUTSIDE of their children.  And as much as I love kids, because I really do, I don't love the atmosphere playgroup simply because it fees like uncontrolled babysitting.  I can't tell your kid what to do, but if you don't, I have to keep listening to your kid scream, for no apparent reason.  Anyone else feel this way?  Well, if that doesn't get the ball rolling on some fans....Lol!  I have some of the greatest children on the face of the plantet, and I love them dearly, I just see more to this world then just MY children.  Anyhoo.  That's it for today.  Maybe tomorrow will be a funny story from one of the children.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I've always loved that about you... that even though you're SuperMom, having a conversation with you isn't always breast pumps and potty training. It's more like Nacho Libre and Michael Jackson. (wink!) Love you, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad that didn't come across like being a mom is so second, in my life, just not the only thing I have going on. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete